When we launched the little white reader, we invented mobile, ubiquitous payments & enabled anyone to run & grow a business. Ten years & billions of transactions later we're re imagining commerce for businesses of all types & sizes-we're helping the independent electrician send invoices, helping the beauty salon pay its employees, & giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, & fourth location. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Order Analytics provides sellers with complete & accurate reporting, accounting, & insights through data analytics & visualizations. We build everything needed to provide fast, flexible & engaging reporting experiences across POS for iOS/Android & Dashboard for web. We also provide sellers with Order Manager on Dashboard for web allowing sellers to prepare & complete their Orders online.
As a software engineer on the Order Analytics team, you will develop an available reporting platform at scale that provides complete, accurate & fast reporting & accounting for sellers with hundreds of millions transactions every year. You will be involved in the technical details of building available services, while also shipping products & features end-to-end across our platform (Web, iOS & Android) to provide an engaging experience for millions of Square sellers around the world.
- Develop highly available reporting platform at scale
- Design high-volume, low-latency, distributed online processing systems, making thoughtful trade offs between consistency & availability when both are not possible
- Learn how to envision & build beautiful new products from end-to-end (both front-end & back end) across our platform (Web, iOS & Android) to provide an engaging experience for millions of Square sellers around the world
- Hold your teammates & yourself to a high standard of engineering working on products that move billions of dollars in payments & manage sensitive customer data
- Embrace quick build, measure & learning iterations to launch products & collaborate with outstanding product managers & designers.
- A sense of customer empathy; understand number accuracy matters & desire to influence the product direction
- Natural curiosity & desire to build products with engaging experiences that sellers depend on
- Understand & curiosity in creating available, scalable, low-latency, global systems
- Desire to solve challenging problems
Technologies we use & teach:
- Guice, Guava, Protocol Buffers, Hibernate, jOOQ, & Rails
- Cloud Spanner, MySQL, Redis, & Kafka
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within & outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses & customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse & empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees & job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, & qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply & always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well & thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning & Development resources