Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Part of the global Solutions org, Visa Innovation & Design is a global client facing organization that sets Visa's public innovation agenda, supports our clients accelerate their innovation agenda & transform their consumer digital experiences, & promotes hands on incubation & rapid prototyping to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients & partners. Innovation & Design runs innovation centers in various regional offices, this function focuses on Visa's CEMEA region.Reporting Directly to the Head of Visa's Nairobi Innovation Studio, the Director - Innovation Engagements is a key leader defining the future of commerce in Visa's Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) region. The individual will partner Visa's ecosystem partners (banks, merchants, FinTechs, internet companies) to discover opportunities & co-create innovative new solutions.
As a Director, Innovation Engagements, you'll be a key leader driving Visa's new way of partnering our ecosystem to innovate. You'll be running 6-8 week engagements with our most strategic key partners & clients to identify opportunities to innovate with the user in mind, build solutions that address user needs, & ensuring those solutions succeed in the market. The six week engagements will culminate in a three-day sprint, where you'll use best in class HCD & agile techniques to make magic happen. Throughout the engagement, the joint partner + Visa team will be under your leadership & vision to build something that will succeed in market, in record time. You'll be involved in the early stages of research, ideation & storytelling & collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration & implementation process. A natural collaborator, you'll lead co-creation engagements, bringing together client partners, designers, technologists, product stakeholders & subject matter experts & inspire & lead solutioning discussions. This role would ideally suit someone looking to make a move from an Agency/Consultancy role into an in house role.
Lead Co-creation projects with Visa's largest clients & strategic partners across SSA
- Run a cross-functional team of designers, engagement managers, product experts & technologists over a 6-week engagement culminating in a 2-4 day facilitated sprint
- Use best in class design thinking & agile methods to Discover, Design, Develop & Deploy new innovations
- Discover: Lead market immersions to understand user needs & preferences
- Design: Lead teams of designers & clients to build & quickly iterate new user journeys & prototypes
- Develop: Lead developers to build coded prototypes & target solution architectures that use Visa capabilities
- Deploy: Equip the client + Visa teams with strong rollout plans, governance, & business model tools to ensure that the co-created solution succeeds in market
- Use exceptional project management, facilitation & leadership skills to inspire the joint Visa + client / partner team to deliver their best through the six-week sprint
- Be equally effective running engagements in the Nairobi Innovation Studio or on-site in any of the SSA markets
- Develop robust, proactive pipeline of tangible collaboration/prototyping projects with clients/partners that will drive c-level sponsorship & engagement
- Build trusted advisor relationships with key clients & partners in the industry
- Lead & inspire large & diverse teams of 15-30 client + Visa staff for 6 weeks during co-creations, providing clear vision, direction, & allocating roles based on skills, strengths & need
- Lead (directly or indirectly) teams of engagement managers & designers, grooming them to independently run co-creation & design engagements
- Indirectly manage larger teams of designers, developers & product experts in swarm staffing models on co-creations
- Provide thought leadership in payments & related aspects, in order to develop a vision for specific areas of innovation, identify key innovation opportunities for Visa & our clients, & identify potential partners
- Build a repeatable & scalable client/partner engagement strategy, encompassing understanding of their innovation agenda & capabilities & communication of the Visa innovation agenda
- 12 - 15+ years of experience in top-tier consulting or strategy, with experience in technology working in client focused functions
- Proven capabilities in leading design thinking/co-creation engagements with virtual teams that include Managers & Executives at senior levels - communication, presence, thought leadership & gravitas
- Substantial client facing experience with the ability to translate client & partner needs into meaningful problem statements, engagements & tangible collaboration/prototyping outcomes
- Experience running customer experience centers focused on helping clients solve real business issues
- Outstanding facilitation skills, ideally with formal training & sprint management experience
- Strong project/program management skills to successfully manage multiple, concurrent work streams
- World-class client-facing skills & proven ability to engage with C-level executives & drive commercial outcomes
- Degree qualified in business and/or design. Post graduate qualifications highly desirable
- Formal qualifications in Human Centered Design/UX/Agile is a huge plus