Vimeo is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team & own all of our ongoing international financial operations. This role will be the point of contact & accounting expert for our international offices, & participate in our monthly close & financial reporting processes. The position will report to our Controller & will manage a small team of accountants.
What youll do:
- International Accounting
- Function as primary point of contact for all of Vimeos non-US accounting & tax efforts
- Reconcile US GAAP general ledger to local books
- Interface with IAC staff as well as international tax reporting advisors
- Create, implement, & maintain processes for intercompany accounting efforts
- Ensure transfer pricing agreements are met, as well as establish new agreements when applicable
- Track all lease agreements for international entities; ensuring all payment terms are properly accounted for
- Assume responsibility for recording of monthly trial balance of all international entities
- Prepare & review various schedules related to the monthly accounting close
- Research historical variances & book corrective journal entries
- Collaborate with IAC Finance staff
- Develop into lead for quarterly deliverables to parent company Finance teams
- Account for intercompany recharge expenses; between Vimeo companies as well as with other IAC companies
- Oversee a small team of accountants
- Oversee current processes around tax collection, reporting, & remittance
- Interface with internal & external auditors on matters related to international accounting
- Participate in international treasury matters as appropriate
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing accounting processes, contributing to a monthly accounting close, & experience with international accounting concepts
- 2+ years of directly managing an accounting team.
- CPA preferred but not required
- Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, & operational accounting/financial reporting processes.
- Expertise in international tax, including but not limited to: transfer price agreements, VAT/GST accounting, income tax withholding.
- Outstanding organization skills, ability to multitask & meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel; experience working with Cor360, Vena close management, Oracle/Essbase/Hyperion a plus.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- Unwavering commitment to confidentiality & data protection.
- Ability to work effectively & collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced & incredibly fun work environment.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.