Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team empowers Thumbtack to use data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems -- everything from how we set prices across hundreds of local services categories, to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance, to identifying early predictors of high-quality customers. We are a tight-knit, intellectually curious team that is committed to improving Thumbtack & improving each other.
About the Role
At Thumbtack, we have built a rigorous, data-driven Marketing program that uses a combination of quantitative data, sophisticated technology, & human ingenuity to bring users to Thumbtack & keep them coming back. As our Head of Marketing Analytics, you will be the senior-most marketing leader on our Analytics team. You will partner directly with Marketing leadership to define & execute against an analytical agenda that equips & empowers our Marketing program to set & achieve rigorous, ambitious goals. You will lead & grow a team of marketing analysts embedded in a Marketing team that is industry-leading in its commitment to analytical rigor & culture of accountability for business impact.
- Drive analytics for a rigorous, performance-focused marketing program, empowering them to use data to define, set, & achieve the right goals for our business
- Define & apply appropriate marketing metrics, measurement methods, & experimentation processes to power a technologically-sophisticated, data-driven marketing program across both paid & non-paid channels
- Influence senior executive thinking & decision-making through credibly representing both the Marketing & the Analytics points of view
- Partner with our Finance, Business Analytics, & Marketing teams to drive corporate reporting, forecasting, & planning across our integrated marketing programs
- Collaborate with analysts & engineers to develop & improve our marketing analytics infrastructure, including data pipelines & predictive models
- Manage, mentor, coach, inspire, & recruit a team of high-performing marketing analysts
- Work closely with other Analytics leaders to evolve & continually improve Thumbtacks analytics culture in a high paced growth environment
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 7+ years of analytics experience with 2+ years of management experience
- Proven track record of business impact in driving analytics for a growth, performance, direct response, or other ROI-goaled marketing program
- Strong analytical & technical skills, with a willingness to be hands on
- Experience applying experiments, lift tests, attribution, & other measurement techniques to measure & optimize the performance of marketing campaigns
- Effective analytics management skills: you know how to prioritize the highest-impact work, & how to effectively coach & empower a team of analysts
- Strong communication skills & ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally & with senior leadership
- Experience in a marketplace company or high-growth startup
- Experience designing, executing, and/or using the results of marketing incrementality or lift tests
- Experience with one or more of: brand measurement, product marketing, customer loyalty
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.