Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a key member of the Campus Team, you make operational decisions for your P&L to execute on General Assemblys overall growth objectives. You own the full suite of qualitative & quantitative performance for your campus. The Regional Director also plays a key role in driving growth initiatives through B2C & B2B channels.
- Own the P&L for General Assemblys Boston campus; set targets, determine resource requirements, & make key strategic decisions with the utmost concern for educational quality.
- Oversee your local markets day-to-day operations including marketing, admissions, classroom experience for education programs, student outcomes (helping our grads find jobs), campus facilities, building a great team including local instructors, & cultivating an alumni network of raving fans.
- Draft, implement, manage, monitor, & report on quarterly budgets & key objectives. You know your dashboard inside & out e.g. funnel, conversion rates, student satisfaction, team bandwidth, revenue, costs, & classroom utilization.
- Communicate priorities & recommendations to the Director of Consumer Product to manage & grow the market from a revenue target perspective.
- Provide clear communication to campus team on company performance, tying to global initiatives.
- Manage a diverse local team of employees, including junior managers. Spot talent needs & hire, coach & develop high-potential contributors. At the end of the day, you hire great people & keep them engaged. Youre a strong team leader & communicator, & inspire your team to perform at a high level.
- Manage performance, crafting development plans & establishing success metrics that encourage the team to strive for & achieve success.
- Collaborate with General Assembly's senior management team & department heads to set goals, determine resource requirements, & make key strategic decisions.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape, understanding the tactics & strategies employed by comparable businesses.
- Own the full suite of qualitative & quantitative performance for your campus (including revenue targets, audience development, student satisfaction & outcomes results)
- Act as external face of the market in the local community.
- Lead efforts to connect with local partners & companies to drive audience development & outcomes partners
- Reports directly into the Director of Consumer Product, overseeing multiple campuses or business units.
- You are an entrepreneurial, quantitative leader, & passionate about education. Perhaps you have started your own business before, or run a business unit within an existing company.
- You have a proven track record running a P&L. Youre comfortable with the financial concepts that come with that, including income statements, unit economics & revenue recognition. You have strong business acumen & deeply understand the unit economics of the business & can speak to their business performance.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You have advanced leadership abilities, including managing managers, & can motivate & inspire a team with diverse perspectives.
- Youre a strong listener who can listen & empathize with students, instructors, & staff.