Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What youll do
Reporting to the VP Controller, the Director, Revenue Accounting will be responsible for supporting proper revenue accounting (in accordance with FASB ASC 606) & compliance in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. The role will be the subject matter expert on all revenue matters, working cross-functionally with other teams (e.g., commercial, operations, legal, billing & FP&A) to provide real-time thought leadership & playing a key part in structuring complex transactions. This role will provide training throughout the organization to ensure all key stakeholders understand the complexities of revenue accounting (both within finance, & throughout the organization). In this highly visible role, this person will be the primary first contact for legal & commercial teams when drafting new contracts or addressing questions on proposed revenue-related transactions.
- Own the revenue recognition accounting policy at DoubleVerify, including application of the standards, ensuring proper internal control policies & procedures are adhered & training teams across DV.
- Develop processes to fully document & support revenue recognition positions taken by the DV.
- Review & support revenue recognition disclosures in the Companys periodic reports to the Securities & Exchange Commission
- Provide detailed reconciliations & variance analysis of NS to SF (audit) & SF to NS (audit & operational).
- Closely work with Revenue Actualization & Revenue Operations teams to enhance & manage the monthly revenue recognition process, including automation.
- Be the main contact point for the entire commercial organization to provide real-time feedback on contracts with customers.
- Actively engage with business partners (sales, legal, etc.) to drive the review & evaluation of deal terms for proper accounting treatment.
- Proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely closure of revenue accounting matters.
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience, preferably in a large public accounting firm and/or a publicly-traded company in a revenue accounting role
- CPA (or international equivalent) required
- Proficiency in application of US GAAP & SEC requirements around revenue recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of navigating through complex and/or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to successfully manage relationships across multiple functions & execute against collective goals
- Demonstrated ability to think in an agile, creative & strategic manner to evolve or solve challenges & issues & to oversee prioritization of competing responsibilities
- Highly developed listening skills & a strong ability to engage & effectively communicate at the senior management level, both orally & in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive & 'no surprises' approach in communicating and/or escalating issues/requests
- NetSuite & Salesforce experience a plus
- Advertising technology industry a plus
- Self-motivated, independent thinker & team player who will hit the ground running
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, & proactive; a leader who can positively & productively impact finance & corporate initiatives.