Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Our program supports people in making lifestyle changes to improve their health, & ultimately, their lives. We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to help us with our mission by managing & growing our Data Engineering team. As an engineering manager at Omada, you will be managing engineers & delivering the world-class data platform in the collection & conversion of rich behavioral health inputs & their translation into data products that enable evidence-based decisions for cross functional teams.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for design & development of our data platform including building scalable & reliable data processing pipelines & near real-time as well as offline data serving capabilities.
As a key member of our team, you will help lead design, build, & scale our robust data pipelines, data warehouse, & machine learning infrastructure. You should be motivated to learn new technologies & be ready to drive technical work.
The team works very closely with the Data architects, Data Analytics team, Data Science team & other product & engineering teams to understand their data requirements. Our goal is to build systems & platform features to meet & exceed those needs. You will have freedom to innovate as you work closely with our partners to see the big picture, & figure out innovative ways to deliver the results. The best person will be a person with exceptional leadership skills with hands-on experience in Data Engineering.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration & openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective & that teamwork & respect for each other leads to best results. We use sustainable engineering practices: we work together, value mindful collaboration & test-driven development as much as possible, & shipping.
You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders & users. You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people, ideas, & levels of experience. You work directly with stakeholders to design solutions & drive the technical decisions for delivery. You are motivated to learn new technologies, ready to drive technical work, & can guide other team members in their technical growth. You care about writing quality software & recognize that there are often many right answers. You are excited about the challenge of learning new technologies & context. You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible care for our members.
Manage the development of Omadas data platform
- You will create a plan to build & scale our core data infrastructure so business teams can leverage health behavior data effectively to meet their goals.
- You will guide a team of Data Engineers to execute against that plan, owning the teams technical strategy & roadmap.
Grow & manage a high-performance Data Engineering team
- Youll partner with our recruiting team to hire the best talent.
- Youll mentor & guide the professional & technical development of team members.
- You will establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in critical areas, including SLA management, systems reliability, & developer productivity.
- Lead team of engineers to architect, build, launch & maintain features & applications to help positively impact health outcomes & happiness of our members.
- Create & maintain tools that empower our internal operations teams in outreaching to prospective members, accepting new members, & accounting for their success.
- Solve & own technical problems over a wide array of systems, processes & technologies. Partner with cross functional stakeholders to solve problems across the full product lifecycle.
- You will establish & own key performance metrics in close collaboration with Engineering & Product leadership.
- Youll build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Managers & Software Engineers to understand data needs & deliver on those needs.
Drive pan-engineering initiatives as an Engineering leader
- You will work with the Engineering Leadership team to develop new initiatives & improve existing processes across the entire engineering team, including data quality & system observability.
- Youll work with Engineering & Product managers to continuously reduce tech debt & make improvements in our systems.
- Work in an agile, TDD, pair programming, continuous delivery environment
- Mentor, train & collaborate with teammates in how to write great code & solve problems effectively.
- Research, adopt & advocate for new technologies.
- Proactively seek out complexity in code or process & propose solutions to work towards simplicity, efficiency, & reliability.
- Work with the engineering managers to develop & focus the roadmap, prioritize, & find balance between new initiatives & improving our platform.
You will love this job if you:
- 5+ years of industry experience in building data infrastructure, frameworks & automation
- 1+ years of experience in managing engineering teams with development experience
- Strong awareness of the various technologies & tools in the data infrastructure space
- Communication & leadership skills, with the ability to initiate & drive projects proactively
- Solid project management skills
- Solid understanding of computer science & software engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning & growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies & best practices
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, & a desire to influence the products being built
- Love of mentorship & experience developing people & teams through coaching, mentoring, & feedback
- Development experience in SQL, Proficiency with relational databases & SQL queries (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of database schema design & data warehouse principles
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with workflow management tools such as Airflow or Luigi and/or experience building robust production grade data pipelines
- Experience in Agile development process
- Experience in distributed data technologies
- Experience in Cloud technologies, preferably in AWS or GCP
- Experience with streaming technologies & concepts used with data warehouses Familiarity with distributed data processing or with building streaming based data pipelines (Kafka preferred)
- Familiarity with supporting AI / ML in a production environment
- Familiarity with Kafka, AWS Redshift, Lambda, Tensorflow etc.
Technologies used on the Data Engineering Team: AWS Cloud, AWS Redshift, Postgres, Python, Ruby, Airflow, Kafka, SQL, Lambda, Serverless, Linux, Gitlab, Git, Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Tensorflow, Jupyter Notebook & Tableau
Bonus points for:
- Development experience in Healthcare industry
- Familiarity with Data Governance & regulatory compliance
- Experience working with sensitive data i.e. PHI / PII & security best practices and/or implementing Encryption, Role Based Security etc.
- Familiarity with microservices development.
- Experience with containerization & orchestration (Docker, Nomad)
- Experience in taking machine learning models from development to production
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Monthly mental wellness days
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely & we operate with kindness. We provide respectful & candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand & we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, & find new opportunities for our members & customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, were not afraid to fail, & we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omadas progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, & we celebrate together.
- Remember Why Were Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada Health delivers integrated, virtual care across chronic conditions, a top clinical need for employers & health plans. By combining clinical best practices with the science of behavior change, Omada Health improves member health & reduces the cost of care. Working with over 1,700+ customers including health plans, health systems, & employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s across a wide variety of industries Omada delivers personalized interventions for diabetes, diabetes prevention, hypertension, & musculoskeletal issues. All programs include integrated behavioral health support. Omada Healths virtual care programs are clinically supported & evidence-based, with results published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. To learn more, visit www.omadahealth.com.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.