Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The Accounting Team at CarGurus is looking to hire an Accounting Intern to join our team for the summer! You will gain accounting & financial reporting experience in a fast-growing public software company. This is a 12-week paid internship opportunity.
What You'll Do:
- Perform monthly & quarterly accounting close activities, such as preparing journal entries & balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the tie-out of quarterly financial statements
- Gain an understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Monitor & test SOX controls
- Shadow various team members who have experience in different accounting roles (i.e. accounting close, financial reporting, SOX, revenue)
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Accounting
- Aspiring to obtain CPA license
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills & motivation to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.