Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
Storage Engineering at DigitalOcean is welcoming an intern this summer who is interested in growing their skillset & familiarity with object storage, test development, automation, & the S3 API. S3 is the defacto standard for interacting with objects over HTTP. DigitalOceans Spaces product is one such implementation & is based on Ceph Rados Gateway (RGW), the leading open-source distributed object storage system.
With the support of your mentor, & fellow team members, youll get hands-on experience creating real-world solutions for customers & engineering alike. This project focuses on known gaps in api testing & code coverage for the open-source Ceph RGW software. Youll learn how to engage with an open-source codebase, be guided through the complexities of Ceph & S3, & unify two disparate testing tools to create machine-consumable inputs into supported features.
What Youll Do:
- Learn how to build & test Ceph & Ceph RGW
- Learn how to work with the s3-test & code coverage environments
- Identify gaps in coverage & propose and/or implement solutions
- Develop machine-readable S3 feature reports
What Well Expect From You:
- You should come with the ability to read & write some code in C++ & be open to working with both limited python & shell scripting
- Prior to starting, youll want to familiarize yourself with a basic understanding of the concepts of Code Coverage and Unit Testing to help accelerate your growth curve with your mentor. Prior experience with either of these is not required.
Why Youll Like Being An Intern At DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.