At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
If you are passionate about building large-scale data processing systems & are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable data platform - we would love to talk to you. Data is the only way we make decisions, its the core of our business helping us create an exceptional transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into the effectiveness of our product & features.
Our Streaming team is responsible for building & supporting the myriad real-time demands of the business. We ingest & curate real-time data for Lyft. If you're interested in being at the center of Lyft's efforts to deliver delightful experiences to our passengers & drivers, this might be the role for you.
You will report into an Engineering Manager.
- Owner of the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Lyft
- Design & own the way real-time data is consumed, stored, & shared with the entirety of Lyft
- Build & operate large-scale distributed systems (Kafka, Flink, Zookeeper, Beam, Airflow, Presto, Hive etc)
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge, including Open-Source projects
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & evangelizing appropriate tech & engineering best practices
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in distributed platforms (Flink, Spark, Beam, MapReduce, Airflow, Presto, k8s or similar)
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms, etc)
- Familiarity with the Big Data Ecosystem (Mapreduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Parquet etc) is a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.