Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Behavioral Health Case Manager Nurse to join our Clinical Concierge team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a telephonic case management role where you will educate members on improving health outcomes, assist with transitions from care settings, participate in process improvement & other pilot programs as they arise, & work with the care guide & other Oscar teams to ensure exceptional care for our members. This role focuses on members with behavioral health diagnoses who need assistance coordinating their care with our behavioral health partners.
You will report into the Case Manager Lead
- Work with members & clinicians to ensure we have accurate information & appropriate care plans in place for our members
- Following members who are in various levels of care (inpatient, IOP, outpatient care, & home)
- Work with non-clinical teammates in assisting members navigate the healthcare system
- Communicate with members via phone or secure messaging using your clinical expertise in an unscripted way to provide education on health conditions, new medications, & procedures
- Coach your non-clinical teammates on how they can help add more clinical value to all member interactions
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality & the highest level of professionalism
- Actively reach out to members undergoing difficult health challenges, develop care plans with them, & help guide them through the healthcare system to improve the overall experience
- 2+ years of experience in Behavioral Health
- 1+ year of case management experience
- Active, unrestricted Nursing license (RN) in your state of hire & ability to obtain additional licensure as needed
- Working knowledge of Milliman Care Guidelines or familiarity with UM guidelines
- Case Management experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.