Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, & Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators & disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
Iris is Pluralsight's learning intelligence platform, an innovative & unique user experience, whose aim is to use data to create a smarter, personalized learning journey. It is cutting edge & a key component of Pluralsight's strategy. We are growing a team of people from multiple disciplines who love solving complex problems with data & are excited by the prospect of creating the brains behind Iris. As a Software Engineer with a focus on Machine Learning, you will be responsible for building the infrastructure & implementing the algorithms that make Iris smart. You will be working on a cross-functional team with a Product Manager, UX designer, dev ops specialist, machine learning engineers, & software engineers. You'll be part of a team that is user focused, has a mentality for experimentation, & iterates quickly.
Who you are:
- You are proficient at developing software in Python & have a mastery of data structures & database fundamentals, with experience with big data technology stacks. Even better if you also have experience with TensorFlow.
- You have several years of experience building production services, preferably as part of a product development team. A track record of implementing data driven products is ideal.
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst a plus.
- You have worked in a collaborative development environment & have experience with continuous integration & delivery.
- You have a strong foundation in Computer Science & Math, & at least some exposure to fundamentals of Machine Learning. Regardless of your formal training, you geek out on reading up on modern machine learning techniques & applications. At minimum you have a B.S. in Computer Science or relevant quantitative science
- You care about writing good code & building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you know what quality means & how to get there when we need to.
- You are comfortable moving up & down the stack. It matters less that you know the exact frameworks & tools that we use, but you must be willing & able to learn very quickly. We also mean full stack across other functions - you should be excited to understand the entire business & learn from customers.
What you'll do:
- Develop robust, scalable production data products based on prototype algorithms developed in Python or R by the data science R&D team. You'll evaluate trade-offs & do performance tuning for production traffic.
- Use your engineering expertise to help design solutions to novel problems in software development, data engineering, & machine learning.
- Build data pipelines. Transform & convert data streams into structures needed for algorithm input.
- Collaborate with Product Manager & UX Designer to better understand the customer, provide valuable input into functional design & usability
- Evaluate the effectiveness of user experiences & ML algorithms, determining what data is needed & how to collect it, with an understanding of how these metrics are connected the desired outcomes
- Apply your experience in making intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions to our development process, including implementing new standards, tools, APIs, & workflows
Ways we work:
- Attention to detail - we want to be proud of our work
- Test Driven Development - We maintain a suite of good tests for all production code.
- Pair programming as well as individual with code reviews - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Agile - we reduce the time to learn by having short feedback loops
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw & adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - we're empowered to make our own product & development decisions to do the job
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Leaders who trust- teams create without top-down feature requirements
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Be Yourself.Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.