Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for aSenior Accountantrole with a positive attitude & highly motivated to learn & grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes & initiating process improvements by leveraging emerging technology to build a leading finance function. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, internal control, data analysis, systems & can succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company & have exposure across divisions & with senior leaders at Yext. The candidate will be encouraged to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close & work on various projects leveraging data & analytical skills to drive better company performance.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries & reconciliations for various balance sheet & income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis & document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Perform data analysis by account & business process using BI tools to provide business insights
- Evaluate legacy systems & implement new systems to automate transaction processing & routine tasks
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions & consolidations are properly reflected & in accordance with GAAP
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance & non-finance business partners, including senior management
- Participate in streamlining & process improvement projects to increase efficiencies & enhance the internal controls over accounting processes & systems
- Support audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Serve as a strategic & trusted finance partner to various functions of the business by automating processes & providing visibility into KPIs
- Work cross functionally on strategic company projects/initiatives & apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Support leadership in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting & analysis requests, & other tasks as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, a related field, or similar college level education
- 4+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge & application of GAAP, SEC regulations, & internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, & ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement & the ability to think out-of the box
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize & multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement & strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, & communication (both verbal & written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- CPA designation
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite, Blackline and/or Looker
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.