Who We Are & What We Build
We partner with Banks & FinTechs on their journey to best-in-class pricing technology & analytics so that they deliver more value to their customers, employees & shareholders. Our top-notch people, proven technology, & innovative analytics are tackling big data challenges at banks & lenders every day. We deliver market-leading cloud-based Pricing & Profitability Management solutions & insights for the Banking & Financial Services industry leveraging cutting-edge behavioral data science. We are a Blue Chip venture-backed company with the vision to transform the consumer banking landscape.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experiencedDataScientist to launch our new analytical framework for predicting consumer behavior in the mortgage buying process. In this role, you will work closely with Product Management to analyze potentialdatasources, design key modeling capabilities, & develop new systems for continuous improvement. Nomis is the market leader in bringing pricing optimization to retail banking & you will be responsible for achieving the same level of success as we enter the US Mortgage industry.
- Build analytical models & solutions to helpusers understand the price elasticity of customer segmentsand make betterdata-driven decisions.
- Design systems for dynamically recalibrating models to account for new market insights
- Partner closely with product leadership to analyze keydatasources for understanding & predicting customer behavior.
- Develop pricing models to simulate profitability from pricing strategies & forecast changes to a banks customer credit portfolio
- Gather & processdataat scale (scripts, scraping, APIs,database queries, etc.)
- Creative problem solver: Passionate about answering questions withdataand always learning.
- Structured thinker: Understand how to break down complex problems into the key components wheredatascience & machine learning can be used to improve solutions.
- Highly productive: Work with limited oversight on a day to day basis. This role is intended for somebody who is passionate aboutdataand developing solutions to improve our products.
- Python & R proficiency
- MS or PhD in CS 3+ years of experience (BS with 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis) developing production ML models to solve problems & ability to transform concepts into practical solutions
- Experience building solutions with ML frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark MLlib, SciKit Learn, etc.) for real-time inferences
- Experience contributing to or developing code leveraging scientific & machine learning libraries in Python (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn) & deployed in a production environment, including participating in code reviews & collaborating with infrastructure & other engineers
- Experience with Flask or Django
- Experience with large scale, concurrent application is a plus
- Experience in SQL is a MUST
- Ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- Ability to work withdataand platform engineers to implement ML pipelines
- Ability to perform independent research & analysis of complexdatasets & communicate insights derived from this research to other stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with ability to work across teams in a fast-paced environment