About the Team
The Packaging Development Team is responsible for the successful development & execution of all aspects of packaging from concept through launch. The team supports all brands under Harrys (Harrys, Flamingo, etc.) & as we continue to expand into new categories will be an instrumental driver of our future product & brand success.
About the Role:
Consumer packaging is everywhere & in many cases its unavoidable. Packaging can be disappointing, frustrating, wasteful or unremarkable at best. Conversely, it can drive impulse purchase, consumer loyalty/satisfaction, deep brand recognition, & be mindful of its purpose without being excessive or insufficient. Were looking for someone who is passionate about creating overwhelmingly positive experiences for our consumers.
What you will accomplish:
- Bring your passion & enthusiasm for package engineering to work every day
- Research & develop packaging components that support new product introductions, promotions & operational initiatives.
- Manage all levels of packaging, from primary through tertiary.
- Fully own technical milestones in project timelines
- Select stock packaging or manage new tooling development & validation for custom package component designs.
- Apply technical knowledge throughout the package development program, including: analyze/create dimensional drawings & assemblies; own packaging trials & test plans; troubleshoot packaging-related technical issues; develop risk mitigation plans & packaging alternatives.
- Document packaging & finished goods specifications for production accuracy & continued success.
- Develop color standards & acceptable production ranges with the Design team & suppliers.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers & internal cross functional partners.
- Seek new packaging innovation/trends.
This should describe you:
- BS in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, other related disciplines, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in development & testing of new packaging components using a range of manufacturing processes & materials, potentially with emphasis on plastic/elastomer injection molded & blow molded parts.
- Having knowledge of a variety of packaging components & material properties such as aerosols, pumps, closures, bottles, tubes, & flexible films & laminations.
- You have a good eye for design & aesthetics, plus experience with decorating techniques & materials used on primary, secondary & tertiary packaging
- Honest, direct, & ability to articulate & defend technical packaging decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams
- Experience analyzing technical drawings & critical dimensions of assemblies.
- Extremely organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Life-long learner: You love learning new things & are not afraid to admit when you dont know an answer
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Packaging
- Working in the R&D Team w/ Program Management, Product Development, Product Design Engineering, & Research
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Operations, Design, Quality, & Marketing.
- You will also work with external packaging component suppliers, printing & decorating suppliers, & contract manufacturers.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.