THE ROLE: Assistant Buyer,
What youll accomplish
- Learn the art & science of off-price retail!
- Ensure that all boutique checkoffs, event pricing & POs are created & completed accurately in order to have successful sales & prevent receiving issues at the warehouse
- Analyze the competition, market research & competitive shop on line & in person to bring fresh ideas to the team
- Analyze sales trends, inventory & margin to achieve sales goals
- Build relationships with suppliers to obtain the most sought after product at the lowest price
- Constant exposure to all aspects of Rue business. Work closely with many of our amazing departments: Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative & Marketing, & have the ability to learn from all of these teams!
- You will learn to be an expert in excel, tableau, retail math, & intricacies of watches itself
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Great experience in a retail environment using retail math
- Passion for product & a love of designer fashion. Are willing to start from the bottom & develop a long lasting buying career
- Detail oriented mind & are driven to achieve successful & profitable sales
- Kindness & are a natural team player!
- Proven analytical skills & are a risk taker
- A nice comfort working in Excel: You dont shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, & sorting
Bonus points for
- If youve got everything going on above, youre already a strong fit.
- If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us. You are flexible & have the ability to prioritize! Have the ability to be proactive, have great follow up & are able make important decisions under the pressure of meeting demanding targets.
ABOUT MERCHANDISING TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! Very team oriented & collaborative group who source merchandise from hundreds of suppliers!
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.