--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced public sector sales leader who is excited to contribute to a cutting-edge AI company in its next phase of growth. You're passionate about delivering unique & impactful solutions to Public Sector clients. As our VP, International Public Sector (Non-Defence), you'll lead a sales & customer success team that helps our clients tackle their most difficult real-time information challenges.
You know what it takes to lead & grow a high-performing sales organization. Youre an expert at developing meaningful value propositions while holding your team to the highest standards of performance & accountability. You have experience coaching your team on navigating large, complex deals, & you lead by example.
- Develop strong vision & understanding of Dataminr's International (Non-Defence) Public Sector business & strategic goals
- Plan, implement, & execute on sales strategy, leveraging market knowledge & experience to convey product value proposition & positioning
- Motivate, develop, & grow a team of sellers & cultivate a performance-based culture built on providing value to public sector organizations
- Develop & maintain high level relationships with key prospective customers & organizational leaders
- Lead client mission & operational processes, identifying ways to integrate Dataminr into our clients' workflows & recommending best practices
- Coach sellers through complex sales & taking a more consultative approach to selling
- Provide business development & thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities & incremental business success
- Own & provide market leadership to sales teams, serving as subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Marketing, & Product to drive operational & product improvements
- Maintain constant awareness of markets & competitive activity, making appropriate strategic & tactical sales recommendations to always stay one step ahead
- Maintain data hygiene with up-to-date & accurate forecasting of pipeline in SFDC
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience leading & scaling teams selling to & directly supporting global public sector organizations (e.g. federal agencies, law enforcement, public safety and/or emergency response)
- Knowledge of publicly available information & social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including federal agencies, law enforcement, emergency management, public information, and/or public health
- Extensive experience successfully selling into complex public sector entities with strong track record of negotiation & closing
- Deep understanding of sales process & business drivers for public sector clients
- Proven success as a sales leader in early stage or growth stage companies
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Adept at delivering against revenue targets & business objectives while devising & operating within a strategic business plan
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognise & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents such as Health & Dental insurance, Vision Care & Income Protection & Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical wellbeing, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.