Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
We are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market & improve our existing platform & products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world & make business applications better for people.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development & quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy & responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies & approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; this role will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code? That repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a Platform Operations Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
We are experiencing a hockey stick of scale and, therefore, Tradeshift is looking for DevOps engineers to help us with keeping our platform running smoothly & efficiently.
The Tradeshift platform is hosted on AWS & composed of a number of Java applications (with a dash of node. js & Scala/Akka) using RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Riak, PostgreSQL, & Cassandra. All of our current infrastructure is highly automated with Jenkins, Rundeck, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc playing key roles. We need someone who wants to face scalability challenges on a global level in this type of environment & automate things as much as possible.
We work based on an agile value set & try to minimize the formal process footprint - no more than it takes for everyone to remain sane & productive. On the engineering side of things, we subscribe to continuous integration with a lot of automated testing, extending to our infrastructure related code. We also fully subscribe to automation of the build & release processes, test/behavior driven development, etc.
- Keeping the platform running
- Help engineering teams be effective
- Helping with investigations & root cause analysis often in real time
- Manage cloud provider operations cost
- Be part of on-call duties for maintaining the platform
We are looking for people with skills in a non-insignificant number of the below areas:
- Deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Experience developing, releasing & iterating on distributed applications
- Hashicorp technologies - Terraform, Vagrant, Consul, & Vault
- Experience with configuration management technologies: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Docker & Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes & Helm
- AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Datastores such as PostgreSQL, Riak, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- CI/CD pipeline operation & automation
- Designing architecture aiming horizontally scalable microservices
- Cloud Design Patterns & Cloud Cost Models
- Building, deploying & operating distributed SaaS software
- Able to coordinate with diverse globally distributed teams
- PCI DSS experience
- Credit card software
A sample of what you'll be working on in the first six months:
- Identifying & removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building & implementing new tools & automation to solve problems
- Expanding our platform footprint as we roll out into additional regions
- Working with other engineering teams to increase reliability & availability
- PCI DSS
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.