About the right team member:
Betterment for Business is an award winning 401(k) partner that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. Were seeking a General Manager to lead a customer-focused b2b business. Our story is one you get - & youre excited to tell it. We started this business out of frustration with the lack of innovation in the 401k space, & a desire to bring the same values & service available to our retail customers to the employer space. You understand that success is not just about hitting our sales goals today, but empowering an organization to scale for years to come. We have ambitious goals - to be the fastest growing offering in the market - & youre looking for exactly that sort of career-defining challenge.
Youre praised for your leadership skills - any team youve led has experienced tremendous growth & success. Strategic vision, & the ability to execute against yours, comes naturally; stepping in to optimize an operation is no problem. Youre customer obsessed, drawing your energy & motivation from delighting them by building a world-class service. You seek out fast-paced, customer-obsessed organizations because thats where you draw your energy & motivation. You instinctively know how to ensure your entire team is equally obsessed, looking to delight our customers at every interaction.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Be responsible for the success of a mission-driven b2b organization driving customer & revenue growth at a startup within a startup
- Set the strategy for the business line (think about target customer, product/market fit, distribution plans, etc.) & drive success
- Run, manage, & support the B2B distribution & sales teams as they scale
- Set a high standard for data integrity, sales reporting, & forecasting, operating within a data-driven environment
- Serve as the internal voice of our customers, offering insights into the market
- Lead conversations & be the ultimate decision maker on cross functional efforts between Product, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, Operations & Customer Support to grow the business
You will be effective if you have:
- A proven track record of leading multiple business functions & growing businesses with 10+ years of experience in leading sales, marketing, operations, partnerships, & BD, particularly in B2B software (SaaS), HR benefits, or financial services
- Demonstrated success as the P&L owner & team leader responsible for a business or business line
- A desire to work within a high-growth environment, & possessing the ability to motivate your team to exceed high performance expectations
- Strong strategic instincts, negotiating skills, & analytical rigor
- Excellent relationship-building & maintenance skills with partners internal & external
- Empathy for your target customer & your coworkers
- A knack for storytelling in both written & verbal form
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business.Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.