You will be working within an agile scrum team building android applications features to support software rollout & maintenance on every Peloton Connected Fitness Device. We are looking for a strong android developer to help develop this system as it continues to grow.
The device management team is unique as it is cross functional. If you wish, you will get the opportunity to expand your existing knowledge & work on different technologies across the API & Web.
This role is not UI heavy & deals with many background services.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building a scalable & responsive customer-facing applications
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Solid experience with Git
- Solid experience interacting with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of android architecture patterns
- Solid understanding of Android threading & processing
- Experience with profiling UI, memory & threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX & design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, & UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordinations & work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate & communicate different engineering solutions & trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience building android services
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.