SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal ofenabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR INTEGRATION MANAGER - DRAGON
As the Senior Integration Manager for Dragon Production you will ensure that all vehicle integration & test activities are managed with the highest levels of quality & safety, on time, every time. You will be involved in all aspects of integration including staffing, leadership development, facilities development & new product introduction to ensure your teams success & growth as SpaceX drives to revolutionize access to space. Additionally, you will be responsible for vehicle integration schedules & the plan to achieve Dragon manifest dates for Cargo & Crew Dragon vehicles.
- Implement & sustain clear Dragon vehicle & fleet scheduling processes across crew & cargo programs.
- Facilitate the Cargo Dragon 2 vehicle introduction into the new D2 capsule production line, developing a steady build cadence & making hardware allocation decisions as required to optimize the global result of both programs.
- Foster a strategic alignment between departments; especially Supply Chain, Engineering & other upstream Production areas. Leverages relationships & integration knowledge to identify manifest risks, & proactively takes actions to solve them.
- Lead a team of 80+ technicians, coordinators & production leadership on a 2-shift structure across Cargo & Crew vehicles.
- Lead a team of Integration & Test Engineers to ensure all enabling & functional expectations are met, as well as steering them to continually improve all aspect of the integration process.
- Manage resource levels to ensure optimum performance of the team, both internal & external to Dragon Integration.
- Oversee a personnel development program to enhance the capability of all team members while improving quality & reducing lead time & cost.
- Ensure a strong focus is placed on safety & maintain an excellent safety record.
- Champion continuous improvement projects using appropriate metrics & data sources.
- Use quality metrics to continually improve the quality output of the team.
- Monitor & communicate area status/readiness & risks to leadership.
- Meet tight production schedules to achieve manifest schedule, while adapting to changing priorities in a fast moving environment.
- Think creatively; question the status quo, while following documentation & maintaining prescribed quality standards.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management & BOM Structures.
- At least 3 years of direct management experience leading a manufacturing, integration or technical team.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SpaceX experience.
- Demonstrated professional experience building & leading teams of highly skilled technicians in a fast paced, high technology field.
- Experience leading a vehicle integration team.
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated capability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Experience identifying & analyzing production process improvements for rate & quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with Engineering & Production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments in a fast-paced production environment.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Hands-on leader with a passion for continuous improvement & building the best hardware.
- Must be willing to work extended hours & weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to travel for short & extended trips as needed. Up to 10% travel.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral & Vandenberg.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.