Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Major Account Executive (MAE) to join our team working exclusively on Enterprise clients & prospects. The Talent product helps developers around the world find the perfect job & attracts the best talent! The Major Account Executive will use their domain expertise & consultative selling expertise to support Stack Overflows enterprise products The MAE will focus on a defined list of the most important & lucrative clients & prospects. This position will be involved in the entire sales cycle, including leading meetings to discuss key business & challenges, assess clients' needs & identify the products/solutions that best meet those needs.
Since many of the deals at this level carry significant revenue, it is customary for the decision-making process to involve multiple parties. To be successful at this level, you must influence & secure meaningful relationships with each participant & stakeholder. In order to do this effectively, the MAE will need to map out each client's decision-making process. To ensure accurate & meaningful understandings of their clients, MAE will meet with clients to provide better service, solidify relationships & uncover potential opportunities ahead of the competition.
What Youll Do:
- Passionate, enthusiastic & a successful new business salesperson who wants to be part of the largest developer community
- Be a key member in Stacks sales team to drive net new business sales into large, strategic accounts
- Drive complex sales cycles through orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing & sales support
- You will use your experience & consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers
- Build & maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve & exceed monthly sales quota
- Become a subject matter expert by acquiring ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends & best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning & development opportunities & utilizing internal training resources
- Conduct tailored, web-based presentations over the phone to showcase our unique business partnership model & wide product offerings that will help prospective clients produce sustainable, measurable results
- Network diligently, creating business relationships, through multiple efforts including cold calling, in person sales calls, chamber attendance, networking (lead) groups, agents, & other appropriate methods
What Youll Need to Have:
- 5+ years of experience in a closing sales role
- Experience selling SaaS/HRTech solutions to C-levels within large enterprise accounts
- Experience with digital advertising sales or web based services sales
- Understanding of the strategic competitive landscape & customer needs so you can effectively position Stack Overflow for Talent solutions within prospective accounts
- Successful track record of operationalizing & growing new business initiatives
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Must be able to work independently, drive results & performance
- Passion for building trust & communicating effectively with customers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills & experience building strong internal & external relationships
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce, is a plus
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.