Walmart InHome delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. Rolling out to over 1 million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh & Vero Beach this Fall.
We are a scrappy & entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology to deliver fresh grocery from your local Walmart store directly into your fridge.
What were looking for:
Walmart InHome is looking for an entrepreneurial, hard-working Digital Product Designer to join our team of designers, engineers & business operations people to bring a new service to market. Were looking for someone who is passionate about the details & strives for simplicity & great storytelling to delight our customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll report directly to & work closely with the Head of Design to bring a product from concept to launch. Interweaving hardware, software & logistics, you'll use storytelling, color, typography, & composition, to ruthlessly simplify complex problems & give disparate parts cohesion. The end goal: make the lives of our customers easier.
What Youll Do:
- Help communicate complicated new paradigms in the Smart Home & eCommerce space
- Design the UX & UI of every screen for web & mobile devices
- Youll work on ideas from concepts, to wireframes, to production
- Working closely with the engineering & operations team to understand the constraints
- Delight customers with colors, typography & visual through various brand touchpoints
- Develop packing user manuals, print ephemera, digital assets & content
- Elevate Walmarts brand with refined & thoughtful design
- Optimize everything to product
- 3+ years of experience, BFA Graphic Design
- Passionate about technology
- Facility with design across multiple mediums & materials, including Digital Product, UX/UI, Graphic Design, Presentation Design, Physical Product & Prototyping, Packaging & Print Design
- Strong sense of ownership
- Low maintenance & unselfish
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Resourcefulness; you are great at getting things done quickly & independently
- Desire to work in a fast-paced & nimble start-up environment
- Deeply proficient with creative tools (like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite. etc.)
- Motion Graphics & or Illustration skills a plus
- Passion for simplicity & elegant design.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Access to large scale Epson Inkjet printers, 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC machines
- A large, open workspace in NYCs Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit & snacks