Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Security Manager in the engineering space to help us build & grow our information security teams. You'll mentor & grow individual contributors & lead teams responsible for the security of our infrastructure, products, & platforms that the Mailchimp suite of products relies on.
There are two teams responsible for penetration testing, application security, operation security, vulnerability management, security incident response, security education, etc; these responsibilities are split between the teams. We are looking to mature & grow our security posture. Were looking for someone who embodies the company motto of Listen Hard, Change Fast, has a desire to constantly improve things (processes & technology), & is willing to question our current thinking.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of high-performing security engineers in multiple office locations; this includes hiring & growing a diverse, inclusive team.
- Collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills & size to accomplish goals, & ensure any roadblocks are removed from the teams path.
- Work with Product Development teams to ensure security is incorporated into development practices up front, & not as an afterthought.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication & the necessity of sharing information.
- Participate with peers & Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, & not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Continually explore innovative business practices & determine fit for team and company.
- Partner with our CISO to ensure we continuously improve our security posture, & were working on the right next things.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about the career growth & development of our engineers.
- Have prior experience leading security engineering teams.
- Have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- Are patient, resilient, & willing to take on work even when it's challenging or ambiguous.
- Have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning & acting.
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, & defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- Commit to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing & adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.