At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible & efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Clinical Lead, Care Management you will provide direct training & development support to multi-disciplinary care management staff that enable our organization to deliver exceptional patient & provider experiences.
Integral to our Care Management team, the Clinical Lead, Care Management will be accountable for supporting the Clinical Nurse Manager in the development & quality assurance of the Care Management Program. As a new member of our team, youll initially spend time gaining a broad understanding of the current state of care management across our market but will be expected to make a quick impact through coaching & developing our teams.
What are some unique responsibilities that youll have at VillageMD?
- Managing staff performance including development & deployment of staff, improvement plans & coaching when necessary
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary health care teams across medical practices & VillageMD to execute care management responsibilities
- Providing oversight of Care Management, Social Work & Care Coordination team members
- Reinforcing utilization of evidence-based practice & appropriate standards of care to drive improved clinical outcomes & increased patient satisfaction
What will make you successful here?
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment
- A willingness to learn on your own & take initiative
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication & doing what you say you will do
- Detail oriented with strong prioritization & time management skills
- Proven leadership competency including the ability to motivate & develop teams
- A service-based approach to VillageMD provider partners & their care teams
- Leveraging both quantitative & qualitative metrics to drive results
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to craft meaningful partnerships
- Positive attitude with a solution-oriented approach & a comfort working within ambiguity
What you might do in your first year:
- Collaborating on the design, implementation & monitoring of care management orientation & ongoing professional development with the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM)
- Ensuring the assigned care management teams & programs meet/exceed expected quality outcomes as well as financial, productivity, operations & patient experience targets in partnership with the CNM
- Traveling daily to assigned clinic locations to provide on-site supervision, coaching & mentoring of staff
- Providing technology & systems support & issue resolution when necessary
- Implement care management program at partnership practices & drive performance improvement initiatives at the practice related to care management integration
- Manage an abbreviated case load to support complex patients
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelors or Masters prepared Registered Nurse
- 5+ years nursing experience in acute, home health, or primary care practice
- 3+ years in care/case management, utilization management, and/or previous value-based care leadership experiences in an ambulatory, managed care, or health system setting
- 3+ years in providing training & education to clinical staff as a clinical team lead, educator or coach
- Leading clinical programs development
- Proficient computer skills for MS Office, able to manipulate multiple applications & monitors
- Able to drive clinical outcomes & meet quality metric
- Impressive communication skills, written & oral
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining & reporting Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.