Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Site Managers have one of the most direct impacts on our customer experience. Site Managers own multiple stores in a particular geography & are responsible for the interviewing, hiring, & performance management of all the shoppers in those stores. They are the true gatekeepers of the people that directly serve our customers. A Site Manager has to vet & approve any in-store shopper before they can ever serve a customer.
As owners of multiple stores, Site Managers also play a critical role in providing guidance & support to our in-store Shift Leads. They are experts in our in-store operations & shopper performance, constantly learning & sharing best practices & honestly calling out when we fall short. Additionally Site Managers may be called upon to assist on special projects such as new store launch initiatives or new geography launches. Site Managers are both true members of the corporate team while also maintaining day to day interaction with our incredible group of shoppers.
Site Managers report up to Area Managers or Operations Managers.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent talent evaluation skills to vet & select the next generation of Instacart shoppers
- High emotional intelligence & interpersonal skills, ability to develop deep & trusting relationships
- Proven ability as a teacher & coach to develop great shoppers
- Willingness to engage in difficult or sensitive conversations with employees
- Creative problem solving skills & comfort operating in high-stress unpredictable environment
- Ability to prioritize time & operate autonomously & without on-site supervision
- Effective written & verbal communication to share the highest priority items with your manager
- Ability to give & receive constructive feedback & a a desire to continuously get better
- Computer literacy & tech savviness; ability to learn & deploy new technical tools
- Flexibility to work in different stores & different environments when needed
- Relentless hustle & willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for the customer
- Pride of ownership to put your name next to your stores' performance
- Previous management experience & 3+ years of customer service or retail experience
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.