About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose & to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully-designed clothing & highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a smart & energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes.We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
About this Role:
MM.LaFleur is growing quickly, & were looking for a creative intern who can assist the creative team in bringing more dimension to our existing brand identity. As an intern, you will assist Graphic Designers & Art Directors in developing designs with a signature MM aesthetic for the website, emails, print collateral, packaging, advertising, & other brand assets as well as day-to-day tasks involved with creative asset production. MM is a fast-paced environment, & we need someone with the capacity to come up with new ideas while juggling multiple projects at once. In short, we're looking for a creative superstar who is excited about jumping in & taking on new responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Create recurring graphic design assets, including: weekly marketing & editorial emails; Instagram posts; banner ads; pop-up invites; blog post imagery; store signage; & packaging
- Iterate on existing branded print & digital collateral under Art Director's guidance
- Execute & build on brand aesthetic
- Design & prepare internal & external presentations
- Assist in organization & production of photoshoots
What skills do you have?
- Highly organized self-starter with extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (especially Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator)
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clear, customer-friendly experiences
- Discerning eye for photo editing, retouching, cropping, & compositing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, flexible team member with a positive attitude & eagerness to learn
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- You heart startupsyou like flexibility & ownership; you move quickly & (sometimes) break things; you appreciate process, but dont mind if it doesnt exist sometimes.
- Big pluses: Illustration & hand lettering; video/motion graphics experience; understanding of the capabilities & best practices related to front-end web technologies; photography; understanding of merchandising & e-commerce, Adobe After Effects experience
What experience is required?
- Undergrad in college with a Bachelors Degree in progress (preferably in Communication Design)
- Prior work/internship experience in graphic design or creative
Start Date:For immediate hire. This role is full-time temporary. 40 hours per week for 3 months, with possibility of extension
Compensation: Paid internship & interns can receive college credit if desired or needed.