Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find & deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant & actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector & corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for & have been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area & public sector. Weve been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 list in 2014 & 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list & received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City & nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging & dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful & influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting & exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
Youre a skilled developer with a passion for testing & the coding skills to understand our complex backend systems. You have experience in test automation & scaling automation frameworks. You are passionate about developing quality software with an obsession for detail.
- Develop & lead automation frameworks aligned with our microservice architecture to improve & enhance our test coverage.
- Work with Development teams to understand & help implement an effective testing model for their services to achieve high test coverage, increased release velocity, & exceptional production health.
- Have an in-depth understanding of our SDLC & ensure the automation tooling, CI/CD, & test reporting enables QA, Engineers, & the rest of the development team to work seamlessly together to deliver high-quality software.
- Ensure proper test coverage across our entire architecture & work towards closing gaps in test coverage through existing or new test infrastructures.
- Work with the Engineering teams to plan for new feature development that will impact testing scope, require new approaches to testing & automation, & ensure quality is delivered alongside the development of each new feature & service.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of software engineers & data scientists. You will help build software test automation that tests the back-end services & APIs in java & selenium framework.
In the first month, you'll:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web & inbox.
- Get up to speed on our tech stack & infrastructure with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- Start contributing to the development of our test tooling & infrastructures.
Within 3 months, youll:
- Deepen your knowledge of the technologies we use.
- Help to define & implement solutions to meet our testing strategy & architecture
- Increase & expand our automation coverage for existing & new services.
Within 6 months, youll:
- Be involved in planning, & designing discussion to ensure necessary testing frameworks will cover testing needs & delivery of testable, high-quality products.
- Build testing frameworks that will assist in achieving test coverage for Unit Testing, API/Integration Testing, Contract Testing, Functional Testing, Load & Performance & other testing approaches.
- Ensure utilization of our test frameworks fits seamlessly into our SDLC through implementation with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & other forms of automating scripting.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of test development/automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix
- A passion for test infrastructure design & CI/CD
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery model
- Experience working with Docker, Git & AWS
- Strong experience with API/backend testing
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases & debugging.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, highly organized, drive for innovation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, & are accountable.
- We work urgently & thoughtfully & are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, & assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded & deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor & humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.