Harrys launched in 2013 with the aspiration to disrupt the mens grooming market. We built a brand & products out of respect for quality craftsmanship & simple design & were able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated -- manufacturing our own products & selling directly to customers.
Today, we have over 3 million online customers across the US & UK & significant retail presence at Target, Walmart & Costco. We are expanding our product offering beyond shaving, most recently launching a body wash & bar soap line & we are out building out our business internationally.
But our ambition doesnt stop there. Our vision is to build the next generation CPG company, investing in, building, & owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories within CPG. After raising $112M in our most recent round of funding, we plan to leverage our platform & capabilities, & partner with exceptional entrepreneurs & executives to fuel the launch and/or growth of new, disruptive CPG brands. Weve established an organization called Harrys Ventures that will drive our investment strategy & decisions on these new opportunities. This is where you come in.
About the Role
As a Senior Associate on the Harrys Ventures team, you will work collaboratively with the Ventures team to identify, evaluate & pursue exciting consumer, market & product investment opportunities. Our goal is to launch or acquire 2-3 highly disruptive CPG brands each year based on the investment ideas you will help identify & validate. Beyond the opportunity to work with great people, this role provides a unique opportunity to work from the ground up to build an investment business at Harrys Inc including working with senior leadership to define investment philosophy, strategy & process. As a member of the Ventures team, you will help drive commercial & financial diligence, execute on new investment opportunities, & drive the discovery & launch phases of innovative new brands & products. You will work alongside experienced investors, entrepreneurs & executives to define the Ventures mandate & to fund & launch new CPG brands powered by the experience & resources of Harrys
What You Will Accomplish
- Identify & diligence consumer, market & product investment opportunities in the CPG space via primary & secondary research. Drive investment recommendations by synthesizing large pools of data & developing a point of view on trends, dynamics & investment opportunities in high priority market segments
- Support Ventures investment diligence & evaluation, including valuing acquisition opportunities, structuring transactions, & building robust financial models to assess potential investment returns
- Help build out the Harrys Ventures investment process & parameters, working closely with senior team member to define investment philosophy, strategy & process
- Build new brand financial model & investment returns analysis, including inputs such as customer acquisition, CPA, LTVs, retention, pricing & costs. Validate key model assumptions via primary & secondary research, including smartly leveraging cross-functional expertise across Harrys organization
- Develop presentations for Harrys leadership team to review & assess investment opportunities
- Partner with market/brand Ventures team members to develop & test new brand & product concepts
- Successfully work in parallel across multiple work streams
- Report to the VP of Harrys Ventures & work closely with other members of the Ventures team
This Should Describe You
- 2-4 years experience at a top management consulting, private equity, or venture capital firm working with consumer businesses
- Experience conducting primary & secondary consumer research, e.g., analyzing syndicated market data, writing consumer surveys & rapidly synthesizing survey data into insightful learnings, etc.
- Able to adeptly design & build assumptions based financial models. Understands & can build out excel-based model & sensitize around key assumptions.
- Thrive in fast-paced, often changing environment with ability to conduct both bottoms-up & top-down analysis. Excited to get into the weeds about how to build a brand well as how to understand macro category & channel trends
- Highly analytical: Able to collect & analyze large sets of data & synthesize into themes, insights, & so whats. You can handle ambiguity & can extrapolate & synthesize your way to insightful recommendations even when data is far from perfect
- Extremely Reliable: Is someone who you can always count on to be 100% reliable. They always go above & beyond your expectations & deliver error free work in a timely fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills: Can represent themselves as a subject matter expert in their areas of focus. Would be comfortable presenting to a senior audience.
- Lifelong Learner: Loves to learn, asks insightful questions, interested in learning about new categories & new businesses
- Thoughtful & Direct: Is known for delivering incredibly helpful, actionable, & specific feedback -- both positive & constructive
- Self-Starter: Is always the first person to offer help when something isnt getting done or a teammate is struggling. No task is too small & their sleeves are rolled up at all times.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the VP, Harrys Ventures
- You will work on the Harrys Ventures team, a small team that will drive Harrys new brand investment strategy by identifying market opportunities & investing in leading next generation CPG brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.