What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Director of Strategic Finance & Corporate Development to join our growing team!
About Your Team
As a Director on the Corporate Strategy & Analytics vertical of the Finance team, you will have significant exposure to senior leaders across the organization & serve a key role by proactively identifying M&A opportunities, sourcing fundraising, planning for IPO readiness, & driving optimal capital allocation.
- Identify & evaluate potential new business opportunities & partnership deals that accelerate BlockFis vision
- Develop deep understanding of product roadmaps to inform investment prioritization
- Own creation of financial models & pitch decks to support fundraising efforts & corporate development initiatives
- Negotiate deal terms supported by rigorous financial analysis
- Serve as the teams SME on industry developments, capital market trends, & positioning in the competitive landscape
- Lead due diligence & integration efforts on acquisitions cross functionally by partnering with legal, engineering, security & other relevant stakeholders
- Is resourceful, results driven, highly analytical, demonstrates a keen attention to detail & willingness to roll up their sleeves
- Has 10+ years of experience, in M&A, corporate development, or capital markets
- Demonstrated experience driving deals or fundraises from negotiation to execution
- Proven ability to synthesize information, generate insight, & effectively communicate with executives
- Is an experienced manager that can develop & mentor junior team members
- Excellent communicator with internal & external stakeholders
- Understands the importance of both quantitative & qualitative success
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand