Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for an experienced financial professional to lead the accounting & operations function of a rapidly growing e-commerce retailer. This is a unique opportunity to develop an existing team of dedicated professions into a high performing team to position RGG for long term growth. Reporting to the SVP Finance & working closely with the CFO, this person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Companys accounting & control functions & will work closely with all senior executives.
The Controller will ensure that the company has the systems, people & procedures in place to support the effective internal controls implementation as well as coordinate & conduct the external financial audits for planned growth of the business. Provide supervision to 3 direct reports & oversight of their direct reports, a total team of 20 associates. The role requires an insightful, hands-on leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who enjoys the challenges & rewards of managing & motivating a staff.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & develop RGG accounting capabilities including general ledger, inventory, fixed assets, revenue/accounts receivable, payroll, treasury/cash management & accounts payable
- Oversee monthly close process & ensure timely & accurate completion of all tasks with attention to reporting, & operating expense accruals
- Review & approve monthly trial balance & quarterly account reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy & integrity of accounting records & financial systems
- Ensure timely financial & management reporting to external stakeholders, including monthly, quarterly & annual financial packages
- Oversee end-to-end accounts payable trade & non-trade
- Review cash forecasts, monitor bank account activity, & other treasury matters; ensure compliance
- Provide expertise on financial reporting, tax, & compliance matters
- Develop & maintain a best in practice internal control environment & collaborate across the organization for effective adherence of controls
- Establish & maintain formal accounting policies, practices, & procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings including sales taxes & marketplace facilitator taxes
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility
- Manage the travel & expense process & ensure policy compliance
- Coordinate & lead the annual audit process. Ensure both timely completion & accurate results of audits
- Influence collaboration & communication with all RGG departments
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you dont check off every qualification in the job description, thats okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We cant wait to learn more about you.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- CPA license required, MBA would be a plus
- Significant accounting experience as Assistant Controller or equivalent role - at least 8+ years Finance equivalent functions; 5+ years of experience in senior accounting roles - Big 4 Audit firms & Retail companies, a big plus
- Strong GAAP, analytical, & financial reporting technical skills.
- Systems power user & a high skill level in medium to large ERP system (e.g. Peoplesoft)
- Resourceful & relentless; independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, coordinating resources, & delivering results in challenging situations
- Ability to deal with complex problems & present recommendations & findings in a clear, concise format.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.