Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps & services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, & advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions & manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts & technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open & collaborative work environment that rewards creativity & perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots & Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First & Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career & opportunities will grow as well.
The Marqeta platform is built by developers for developers! We enable payment authorization decisioning, cardholder data security, instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital wallets, & real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time (JIT) funding.
Within Marqeta, the Security Engineering team is responsible for empowering our product engineering teams to own security & privacy by documenting & evangelizing secure, private application development best practices as well as the design, development, & implementation of internal & 3rd party tools.
Youll be part of the Product Security group & will work closely with other Security Engineers to integrate & implement Security & Privacy tooling & controls.
- Build scalable platform services & libraries
- Champion security across engineering
- Respond to, investigate, & triage outages & security + privacy incidents
- Influences privacy engineering strategy & system design
- Works cross-functionally with other team managers & product leads
- Establish & promote best privacy practices across cross-functional teams.
- Bring new ideas, designs, & tools to the table, drive technical discussions & decision making related to the development & technology stack.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with at least 5 years privacy engineering experience
- Exceptional engineering skills & experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Have experience with agile software development
- Experience in the Payment industry is a plus
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual Hack Week to support & reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts & employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays & more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity & will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military & veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.