BuzzFeed is hiring an experienced HR Business Partner to support BuzzFeeds Tech, News, & Admin organizations across the U.S. As a Lead HRBP, you will partner with company executives & senior managers to provide guidance on topics ranging from talent management & development, compensation, organizational effectiveness & design, employee relations, staffing & office culture. This role may also manage one to two additional HRBP team members.
As we continue to elevate our news brand, innovate our tech products, & expand the reach of our content, we need an HRBP who is well-versed in the excitement (and challenges) of being a modern tech, news & media company. As such, prior experience working in digital media, news, or tech is a strong qualifier for this role.
This is a truly strategic role with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be viewed as an expert regarding the development & delivery of competitive HR initiatives to the business while simultaneously managing ongoing programs all with a healthy dose of humor!
BuzzFeed's People Team is dedicated to ensuring employing satisfaction at all stages of employment - from the first phone screen with a Recruiter, to talent development with an HRBP, & beyond. As part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, you'll work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
You'll report to our Senior Director of People & work from our New York, NY location with occasional travel to other BuzzFeed offices.
- Offer expert HR guidance to executives & senior leaders in areas including talent management, development, & retention; career planning; succession planning; employee relations, organizational design & effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning & more.
- Serve as an advisor management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment & other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
- Collaborate with other People Team members to lead & execute processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, & candidate experience.
- Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal & local legislation & regulations & ensure compliance across your client groups
- Partner with Finance & business leaders to maintain employee headcount & assist with reporting on key metrics.
- Manage one to two HR staff who will also support these client groups.
- 4+ years of significant HR Business Partner experience advising senior managers & leaders on all types of HR matters; experience in the media or television industries is a huge plus
- Experience managing organizational transformation & change management, especially within a changing media landscape
- Solid business acumen & understanding of US labor laws
- Proficiency in various HR technologies like HCM platforms (we use Workday) as well as general productivity tools like Google Apps & Slack
- The ability to operate in an extremely fast-moving client group with a high degree of autonomy
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.