About the Team
The legal team at Harrys works cross-functionally & across geographies to address all of the legal issues facing Harrys, providing advice & assistance to the entire company & supporting Harrys various corporate, commercial & transactional initiatives.
About the Role
Harrys is seeking a talented attorney to join its legal team as Senior Counsel. The successful candidate will be based in Harrys headquarters in New York City. This is a great opportunity for an attorney who seeks significant responsibilities across a range of legal matters, enjoys working closely & often cross-functionally with a broad spectrum of internal clients, & wants to play a meaningful role in building strong & scalable legal & compliance functions for a dynamic company. This is a generalist role, with an emphasis on commercial, marketing & regulatory work.
What you will accomplish:
- Review & advise on product & brand advertising claims & strategies, including providing guidance on claim substantiation & testing protocols
- Manage all third party challenges & inquiries regarding claims & advertising campaigns
- Draft, review & negotiate a range of commercial & other agreements of varying complexity
- Advise on regulatory & compliance matters (e.g., data privacy, FTC, FDA)
- Support growth initiatives relating to new products & brands
- Provide education & training on relevant legal issues & develop processes & best practices to support business needs & generate efficiencies
Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- 5-7+ years of commercial & marketing/advertising legal experience; some in-house legal experience is preferred
- Experience providing legal advice with respect to cosmetic, OTC and/or personal care products strongly preferred
- Experience drafting & negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Ability to form strong relationships with business leaders, including the brand & product development/R&D teams
- Science and/or statistical background is a plus
- Member in good standing of the NY or other state bar
This Should Describe You:
- You have outstanding legal technical skills
- You admit when you dont know the answer & work hard to get it; you love to learn new things
- You are adept at developing innovative solutions to complicated legal problems
- You succeed by building strong working relationships with colleagues across levels, functions & teams, & you always think about how to help them excel
- You are capable of owning projects from start to finish with minimal oversight & managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You thrive on direct, honest & supportive communication
Who Youll Work With:
- Reporting to the General Counsel, youll work closely with the other members of the Harrys legal team
- Youll work cross-functionally with all of Harrys key internal stakeholders, including the brand, marketing, R&D, retail & supply chain teams
- Youll efficiently collaborate with outside counsel
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.