At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time & attention. Our apps & platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover & consume content on the web.
About Your Role:
Pocket is hiring a Brand Partnerships Lead, East with a strong background & focus on NYC Holding Companies/Agencies within the digital advertising sales space. In this role, you would be a Player/Coach using your existing relationships & industry expertise to forge new partnerships, grow existing business & mentor an east coast sales team.
About Your Contributions:
- Represent Pocket & Mozilla in the advertising marketplace with digital industry expertise, professionalism & a point of view on Native Sponsored Content
- Continually educate yourself on your clients business challenges, & work to bring the clients advertising solutions which help to solve their business challenges
- Develop, maintain & grow strong relationships with client & agency partners across multiple levels of both organizations
- Strive to have strong relationships where you have intelligence about your client goals & objectives before the RFP
- Sell a variety of solutions to clients including custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, programmatic, & demonstrate a curiosity for new & evolving products
- Forecast, track & report revenue contribution & performance with our internal tools
- Contribute to the strategic mission of the sales team by raising ideas, questions & concerns as we work to continually elevate our work in the marketplace
- Mentor & Coach 2 east coast sellers while being responsible for your own quota
- Work with Head of Sales & Revenue on creating Sales GTM Strategy
- Meet & exceed quarterly & annual revenue goals
- A minimum of 3 years of digital media sales experience, with a demonstrated track record of success in breaking accounts without any history of spending
- Working collaboratively with sales support staff internally is in your DNA
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, & a passion for excellence
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up & follow-through
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at key digital agencies & clients across multiple categories & can get up & running quickly
- High degree of integrity & business ethics
- Willing to travel as needed
Were a small team that has the resources & support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, & together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, & verifiable facts. As our Brand Partnerships Lead, East youll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality advertising content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pockets growth.
Come work with us & make a huge impact on advancing high-quality digital advertising on the web.
If you dont meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Whats the team like?
Were a remote-friendly team headquartered in San Francisco, with more than half of our colleagues working from home, co-working spaces, or Mozilla offices. Video conferencing, Slack chats, & shared documents keep everyone in the loop & make sure no one feels isolated. We value transparency & collaboration from the CEO on down.
As a subsidiary of Mozilla, we have the nimbleness of a small team with the resources of a large company, which means each teammate has the opportunity to make a big impact. But we also keep it real: our working hours are flexiblenot just because we have team members in different time zonesbut because we know you have a life outside the office, & we value that. Youre human, were human, & everyone at Pocket is treated with utmost respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.