Responsible for the management of deliverables as they relate to communication & training to support internal & external stakeholders to ensure operational readiness, effective change management, & change transition.
The Operations Communication & Training Manager is responsible for the following:
- Gather/develop & document requirements for system/process/operational changes, as well as assess & quantify impact of new features, enhancements, & changes that affect business processes.
- Plan & manage tasks to implement & operationalize changes
- Communicates/coordinates system problem resolution with project leaders/associates & business partners.
- Create metrics to determine success for critical milestones.
- Evaluate current processes & technologies for cost efficiencies & effectiveness, recommend appropriate changes & lead execution/change transition of recommended & approved changes.
- Identifying user training needs, devise, & manage staff certification & training programs.
- Stays abreast of new system functionality, developments, methods & techniques including internal work processes, policies, & procedures that may impact forecasting & scheduling to ensure staffing proactively meets demand & delivery of consistent service.
- Managing a content team consisting of writers & instructional designers
- Ensuring that the team employs best practices to write, edit, approve, & deliver content to clients
- Provide editorial, creative, & technical support to team members
- Track analytics to monitor content engagement levels for communications, & support & training content
- Ensure consistency, quality, & usage of best practices in all external communications & training
- Develop scripts & supporting materials for internal & external videos
- Tailor change management communications to stakeholders & client audiences
- Implement training plans for clients & internal stakeholders
- Lead team to develop, assess & facilitate training for new & current Operations employees
- Manage the logistics of learning & create an effective learning environment proving successful knowledge transfer
- Conduct analysis of processes & procedures focused on improving the customer experience & key metrics
- Review & understand potential negative effects on the customer experience prior to new launches
- Work with Operations leadership to manage customer impacting issues as they arise
- Work to identify opportunities that improve the client experience from an operational perspective
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, Communications, Journalism, English, or related discipline.
- 5+ years relevant implementation experience in enterprise projects that impact business operations, with an emphasis on client-facing areas.
- 3+ years of project management or implementation lead experience, PMP preferred.
- Knowledge of Scrum Agile methodology & SDLC processes.
- Lean, six sigma, or other process improvement methodology experience. Certification is preferred.
- Proficiency in SQL, as well as in-depth knowledge of report writing / database tools & Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML preferred
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
- Proficient with popular learning management, & e-learning software (Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, or similar)
- Ability to demonstrate & articulate creative thinking & a willingness to implement new approaches.
- Must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills to communicate complex & technical information clearly & concisely.
- Ability to analyze customer related data & draw conclusions leading to improvement initiative recommendations
Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- Working knowledge of EDI & e-commerce strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in designing workflow processes & the reports/views to manage the processes is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Retail industry and/or supply chain experience is a strong plus.