The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, & generous PTO!
The Barista is responsible for executing the vision & strategy of our WeHo store Cafe. Candidates should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excited to learn & grow with the team while maintaining a strong representation of community & brand awareness. Responsibilities include ensuring the quality of food & beverage are kept to the highest standard we set, ensuring a superior client experience, & being able to handle multiple tasks alone & in collaboration with team members.
This part-time position is based in New York, NY & will report to the Lead Barista.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help The RealReal build an innovative caf experience connecting customers with high-touch food & beverage services
- Passion for coffee & tea, have the desire to learn more about coffee & tea
- Experienced with different brewing method. (V60, Chemex & Aeropress)
- Ability to calibrate Espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk & latte art
- Ability to talk about coffee
- Worked with a 3rd wave coffee roaster
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a high volume environment
- Strong free pour latte art skills
- Able to multitask
- Ensure the caf is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality in every drink & food item served
- Help to organize & lead any coffee-based community or educational events, held within or outside of the store
- Be knowledgeable on all product offered, including coffee rotations, origins, & attributes, through regular cuppings, product tastings, & self-education
- Work with store management to maintain alignment with the key store & company-wide strategies
- 3-5 years of restaurant or cafe experience
- Food Protection License
- Extensive knowledge & expertise of relevant food & beverage offerings
- Positive, engaging attitude with customers, especially during times of high-volume
- Strong sense of teamwork & a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday & Sunday