Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Copywriter at Purpose at the Associate tier, you will balance big-idea thinking with solid self management & impeccable creative execution.
You will collaborate with talented designers, strategists, & campaigners, working on projects for positive, lasting change. You will be a champion of words, crafting language in support of our campaign efforts, & giving powerful & appropriate voice to ideas. Your ability to translate complex, strategic concepts into approachable narratives will open doors on big issues, helping people to understand a given issue & know exactly how to take action.
Your strong presentation skills will position you to land ideas with internal & external audiences, making you a trusted & indispensable resource for colleagues & clients.
This role is a full-time role at the associate tier, with a salary range of $60,000 - $72,000, based out of our New York or Seattle office , & reports to our Senior Copywriter. We are working remotely for the moment due to the pandemic, but will be moving to a hybrid structure in the future.
- Contribute to creative projects from ideation to delivery
- Set the concept & narrative vision for brands & campaigns, providing direction & copy that incites participation & engagement. Work will include naming & branding, voice & tone guidelines, sample brand messaging, tagline development, narrative development & issue framing, campaign concepting & execution, & copy for video (treatments & scripts), digital (websites, social posts, emails), & print assets
- Collaborate with project management & strategy teams to manage creative deliverables & ensure deadlines & budgets are met
- Support the professional development of other team members
- Participate in winning new business
- Present creative deliverables internally & externally, guiding teams & clients to solid creative solutions
We believe you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 1-3 years work experience writing & concepting in a fast-paced agency or start-up setting
- A proven ability to guide copy & concept direction & communicate a projects creative vision to internal collaborators & clients in a compelling way
- Strong presentation and client-facing skills
- Experience in creating brand voice, developing both short & long form narrative pieces in support of a brand or creative campaign
- Experience working closely with strategy team & delivering creative based on strategic insights
- A passion for issue-based or political activism
- Poise under pressure, maintaining quality & attention to detail under real-world deadlines, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- A positive attitude & collaborative nature
- A commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion. You have demonstrated your commitment through professional and/or personal experiences.
- Excitement about working with global teams & people from diverse backgrounds
- Eligibility to work in the US
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.