Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
The Sales Development team at Newsela is responsible for drawing new prospective clients into conversations with Sales Executives for Inside & Field Sales teams. Sales Development Representatives are highly effective communicators & are able to gain access to senior-level administrators at school & district levels & distinguish between their unique needs. You will be focused on building pipelines & pitching new customers over the phone & providing online product demonstrations.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new business leads & exceeding team goals.
As an SDR, your day will be composed of four primary activities:
- Inbound representatives will be responding to inbound inquiries via phone, email, & other tools to pre-qualify new prospective clients.
- Outbound representatives will be prospecting to engage new prospects, predominately in both larger accounts & untapped markets.
- Both inbound & outbound representatives will draw these prospects into initial discovery calls & identify key needs where Newsela can provide solutions.
- Both inbound & outbound representatives will provide prospective clients with a smooth & value-added transition to the Sales Executives.
- Build, maintain & exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals & defined objectives
- Strategize with Sales Executives & Sales Managers to improve performance, processes & procedures
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone & email outreach
- Coordinate & work collaboratively with Marketing team on potential future campaigns
- Engage prospects in targeted prospect accounts
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) & full sales stack to prospect leads
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ months inside sales experience in lead generation
- 1+ year Salesforce.com experience
- Sales process training in pipeline management
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously & collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills & ability to establish clear value propositions through customer conversations; company & product presentations; written communications such as email & proposals
- Prior sales & prospecting experience at a software or technology company
- Prior experience at an Ed Tech SaaS company
- Self-starter who can multi-task & adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Familiarity with sales platforms, including Salesloft, Outreach.io or Yesware
- Interest in sales blogs like Hubspot.com, InsideSales.com or Saleshacker.com
- Has volunteer experience with nonprofits or charity organizations