Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology & quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention & build connections with consumers on the most important screen today the phone. Through Kargos high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools & award-winning creative studio, brands & agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo & Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the companys growth & achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insiders Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups list (2015 & 2016), the Crains New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 & 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), & the 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 175 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland & Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) & LinkedIn (Kargo).
We are a growing ad tech business in need of a freelance Copywriter who can connect with our customer base through multiple channels. In this role, youll be responsible for crafting messaging for marketing materials, social media, public relations efforts (thought leadership & bylines) & direct email. We work in a fast-paced market that requires ad hoc requests & quick turnarounds, so flexibility is critical. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative & has experience in the ad tech industry.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Edit & proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copys reach
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brands voice
- Collaborate with Marketing, Public Relations, & Sales to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Interpret creative direction & adapt points from briefs into persuasive, strategic thought leadership concepts
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- BA in Marketing, English, Journalism
- At least 2 years of experience as a copywriter or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy & creation in the ad tech space
- Excellent writing, editing & proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Collaborative spirit
- Flexibility to manage requests & deadlines on an ad hoc basis