Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
- Oversee & execute publishing for Complexs weekend coverage on social
- Develop, refine, & oversee the voice of Complex Social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) on all of our social platforms, exhibiting excellent judgment & audience-sensitive framing
- Create, curate, & be responsible for all content published to the Complex Main Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram on the weekend
- Lead community management, moderation, & DM management using deep understanding of the Complex tone & voice
- Surface & pitch viral, breaking, & social-friendly content to our news team
- Work closely with weekend editorial & video teams, collaborating cross-functionally across all Complex Networks internal departments, serving as the weekend contact for Main & other verticals as needed
- Ideate, source, & create original real-time content for all Complex audiences, identifying memes & trends at the cusp of virality
- Ideate, source, & create original real-time content for all Complex audiences
- Develop light creative assets for various social platforms when necessary
- Track & share social & platform best practices with internal teams, providing best-in-class examples where possible
- Manage workflow of editorial social posts, working with the branded social team to coordinate posting & schedules
- Provide additional support & coverage during the week & on holidays when possible.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Thinks strategically & analytically
- Pushes for creative & out-of-the-box ideas
- Action oriented
- Drives results
- Cultivates innovation
- 1-3 years of social media & editorial experience with a publisher or brand
- A deep understanding of the Complex content, voice, & tone
- Positive, intuitive, proactive, & collaborative team player
- Strong writing & communication skills, proofreading experience, & quick decision-making skills
- Must be willing to work nights & occasional weekends/holidays for coverage
- Robust knowledge of current events + pop culture + sports + music.
- Possess a deep understanding & fluency of all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Extensive knowledge of internet culture & proven track record in driving audience & consumer action on social
- Self-management skills + take charge attitude
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & Premiere Pro
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.