As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The analyst position will focus on the rapidly growing ecommerce business. The ecommerce team works across multiple networks / sites to optimize affiliate ecommerce revenue, with its primary focus on The Strategist.
What youll do:
- Manage the (internal & external) dashboards & BI tools for the ecommerce team, making sure that they are up to date & pulling in relevant information
- Provide timely insights & recommendations based on the traffic / audience & revenue data, looking for emerging trends & insights
- Perform deep dive analyses into specific KPIs to understand the underlying influences & factors on what drives the business
- Leverage data analyses & BI to provide actionable recommendations on revenue & traffic opportunities
- Track external / competitive trends within the ecommerce industry
What you'll bring:
- You are an Excel & GA wiz / expert
- You have an analytical mind & a knack for statistics
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of a reporting / BI tool such as: Looker, Data Studio, Clickstream and/or Tableau
- Some knowledge of the media industry & ecommerce are a nice to have but are by no means absolute requirements for the role
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.