From day one you will be responsible for managing our supplier network while engaging closely with our culinary department to build the best meal kit product in the market. Reporting into our Italian Procurement Manager, you will have access to our international procurement team who can support you with deep category knowledge.
We seek candidates that will bring an analytical, structured & proactive way of working, focused on delivering results in a high-paced environment. Our ideal applicant has experience from a high performance culture environment, ideally in the food/retail industry, & is hungry to take on a challenge & make an impact at a fun, fast-growing, mission-driven meal kit delivery service business.
The successful applicant will require a mix of entrepreneurialism, creativity, administration & commercial logic.
What youll do
- Assist procurement team in identifying their individual buying needs of a variety of different produce commodities
- Partner with the distribution center & our suppliers to ensure timely deliveries & inventories match demand requirements
- Own & develop relationships with local recovery supply networks. Assist in researching, identifying & developing relationships with new sources of local suppliers for the company that meet criteria including (but not limited to) price, quantity, quality & timeliness
- Negotiate & manage relationships with existing network of suppliers & vendors
- Analyze produce purchasing data to ensure accuracy of information, purchasing procedures & identify any discrepancies, etc
- Resolve any unforeseen problems with suppliers relating to operations, purchasing or quality/performance quickly & professionally
- Be a liaison between procurement & the warehouse/production teams, building strong communication channels for quick resolutions of potential issues
- Be in charge of managing the weekly supply of our ingredients to ensure our customers receive high-quality ingredients in time
- Be responsible for providing procurement advice, price updates, reporting, replenishments, compliance, tenders & managing stakeholder relationships
- Work with suppliers to ensure on-time, on-spec deliveries or discuss shortages/missed deliveries
- Check in person shipments to ensure the exact quantity & quality of items are delivered
- Create & maintain purchasing files & price lists, as well as determine if their companies have enough inventory on hand
- Assemble data relating to supplier performance
- Assist with cost reporting & invoice validation
- Develop your category/categories in terms of cost proposition & ingredients
What youll bring
- 2+ years of procurement and/or sourcing experience in produce or other perishable food fields
- Customer-centric & willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to multitask, work under pressure, & meet time sensitive deadlines
- Data driven- curious about what insights can be derived from numbers
- Highly adaptable- you thrive in a fast-paced, high-change & dynamic work environment
- Obsessed with food!
- Proactive, confident in manner & are able to deal with a large & complex network of suppliers delivering a large quantity & variety of perishable ingredients.
- Passionate about our business: a foodie or an operations & problem-solving zealot
- A Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience in related field
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suite, specifically MS Excel & Google Sheets
- Strong English proficiency is a must
- Must be flexible to work weekends (on occasion)
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our product & operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation & plenty of room for personal growth
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, development initiatives, high-end tech equipment, free drinks & snacks in the office, etc.)
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice & the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, & Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly & we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets & brand portfolio, but also in new geographies & new brands. Join us & play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.