Were Away. We believe the more everyone travels, the better we all become. And our mission is to transform travel through products & stories that inspire people to get away more.
Away is looking for an experienced, innovative & highly talented Senior Graphic Designer to join the Creative team. This role will lead the concepting & design execution across various brand initiatives including, campaigns, partnership assets, print collateral, experiential, retail, social, packaging & morecreating elevated, engaging & cohesive visual brand experiences. The ideal candidate is strategic with the ability to see the big picture but also has a discerning eye for craft & detail.
This position will report directly to our Brand Design Director & work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC (but temporarily remote due to COVID-19).
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Develop, evolve, & translate Aways brand identity across multiple owned platforms to create a cohesive & thoughtful visual brand experience.
- Lead & own projects from concept to completioncollaborating closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Copy, Art Direction, Production, & UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional & strategic implementation of the Away brand.
- Create original, engaging concepts that strategically answer business goals & bring the brand to life, looking at every detail as an opportunity to delight our customers.
- Maintain the highest brand standards & help evolve brand guidelines as we continue to grow into new markets, products, partnerships, etc.
- Set an example of leadership on the team while helping to mentor & inspire junior designers.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends, while looking outside of the world of design for inspiration.
- Work with print & production vendors, proofing & going on press checks as needed.
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of graphic design experience with branding background (iconography & motion experience a plus).
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing highly refined sensibilities across many mediumswith expert knowledge of identity systems, typography, grids, layout & print design.
- A detail oriented, systems thinker who strives for perfectionis not satisfied with the status quo & consistently recommends innovative ideas to create thoughtful, ambitious work.
- Deep understanding of channel best practices & how they inform strategic & design execution.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to clearly & persuasively articulate ideas.
- Experienced with packaging, print production & knowledgeable about innovative materials, paper, printing & production processes.
- An inherently collaborative, optimistic self starter who takes initiative & autonomously handles projects with minimal oversight.
- Excited by a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environmentable to tackle competing priorities under tight timelines with the flexibility to pivot when necessary.
- Passionate & curious with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of technologies, tools, & trends in design.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign
- Understanding of Aways brand, aesthetic, voice, & mission.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.