InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the worlds best customer experiences. We provide design tools & educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable & streamlined design workflow; rapidly design & prototype products before writing code, & collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, & organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks & Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of aPrincipal Software Engineer- Studioto help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Were looking for technical experts who can turn product ideas into reality & operate diverse products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. Were excited by challenges of scaleboth the number & size of customersand a diverse set of products. If youre looking for variety, we have it. Every team ships code daily. Were motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve.
What youll do:
- Youll work closely with Engineering Leads & other Principal Engineers, developing the architectural strategy for large-scale cross-cutting technology & product concerns.
- Youll also work closely with Product Managers, Designers & QA to design & develop the products functionality, look & feel, & test plans.
- Youll design backend microservice architectures that must be performant under load, scalable, & deliver large sets of data.
- Youll frequently work with other Product Engineering & Platform Service teams to incorporate their components, services & tools into your product; as well as, share components, services, & best practices in return.
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, & the ability to share your knowledge within & outside of the InVision organization.
What youll bring:
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application & servers & databases & asynchronous queues
- Strong problem solving skills with a bias to action. Youll be identifying & digging into difficult technical areas & paving the way forward for engineers
- Experienced creating & nurturing an engineering culture of high-quality & continuous improvement
- Logs & core dumps dont frighten you
- Use of continuous integration & delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability & interest to teach others best practices
- Curiosity to iterate & improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges & enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, & to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning & a track record of picking up new technologies & skills as you ship awesome code
- Experience mentoring & leading less experienced engineers. This can extend to OSS contributions and/or giving presentations to various communities.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom & tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States & Canada include competitive health plans & retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, & home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.