ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports & interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Sr. Manager, Communications for FanDuel TV will be based in Los Angeles & support the companys full-distributed linear television network, OTT product FanDuel+ & the companys advertising sales & sponsorship division.
As part of the broader communications team, the Sr Manager will work closely with SVP, Production, VP, Ad Sales & Sponsorship & the networks on-air talent to drive our business agenda. This is an important role with a major focus on supporting the needs of the network including its brand, partnership & awareness with entertainment media & press covering television & sports.
The Senior Manager, Communications is responsible for the execution & management of communication strategy inclusive of media relations for talent, partner & vendor relations & working to serve the internal needs with an eye towards making FanDuel TV & FanDuel+ the destination for sports wagering content. This includes promotion of the networks talent, shows & partners that help differentiate FanDuel TV from its competitors.
Additionally, the Senior Manager, Communications will work with the Vice President of Communications & the Director of Events to develop a sustained strategy in support of the companys experiential events including its FanFest tours & Superbowl live stream show.
Reporting to the Communications Vice President, & interfacing with the executive team & on-air talent on a regular basis, this is an important role that helps shape the external brand projected into market for FanDuel TV to deliver communications in a consistent agreed tone of voice.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Develop a sustained communications plan for the network in coordination with the Senior Vice President, Production & the Vice President, Communications
- Define & develop the strategies which underpin how FanDuel TV differentiates itself in a crowded space
- Lead efforts to build relationships with on-air talent to implement a range of activities & initiatives that will have a positive impact & drive attention, awareness to their programs
- Work closely with broader Communications Team to ensure that FanDuel messages are aligned & modified for entertainment, television, advertising & consumer press
- Expand & oversee media relationships to ensure optimal coverage of any issues in the media
- Proactively pursue & identify new opportunities for coverage as part of a constant strategic agenda
- Enhance & improve the profile of the network by uncovering opportunities for talent
- Opportunity to manage junior members of the team
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in entertainment public relations, television PR, talent PR or advertising PR
- Previous experience with a linear network preferred, sports media a plus
- Ability to successfully work with on-air talent & production teams
- Experience and/or understanding of how to promote ad sales/sponsorship news for network success
- Proven ability to prioritize key messages & ensure favorable coverage
- Developed media network within entertainment, television or sports media space to assist with reach & identifying proactive opportunities
- Ability to work at pace & under pressure, dealing with issues as they arise including some weekends
- Brilliant interpersonal & stakeholder management skills, ability to work with a complex array of on-air talent & internal stakeholders
- Comfortable working in line with the sporting calendar including out of traditional business hours including some travel
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.