Director of Grocery Retail
Location Flexible NYC preferred
The Director of Grocery Retail is the primary strategic leader for Harrys Inc across our Grocery Retail Channel. This includes important current strategic partners such as Kroger, Meijer, Ahold, HEB, Harris Teeter, HyVee, Wegmans, & Wakefern/ShopRite. This role will lead our comprehensive business plan for Grocery & will also lead a highly talented team of selling managers & cross-functional managers that will represent the entire Harrys portfolio. This role plays a direct & vital impact on the companys future growth & success, as we continue to build innovation & scale for Harrys brand portfolio while significantly broadening the awareness, trial potential, & efficiency for the overall business This individual needs to embody the understanding that customers are the humans who use our products & we want to delight them everyday. Retail Partnerships represent a very important aspect of bringing these experiences to life! Our retail team deeply understands our brands, the customers who use our brands, & our retail partners objectives & strategies.
About the Team
The Retail Organization is a critical function that drives the Harrys brand strategy & growth with our mass market & specialty retail partners. The Retail Sales organization is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, & omnichannel development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead Harrys business portfolio development across Grocery, to include delivering budgeted sales revenue, gross profit, category share development, omnichannel development, & supply chain excellence. This includes leading a cross-functional team that will surround our partner with a total solutions approach & capability.
- Manage & own the Grocery P&L, including trade investment & overall OpEx considerations.
- Own the establishment & execution of our overall vision & strategy to win with our key retail partners, to include collaborating to secure input, investment & support from internal cross-functional partners.
- Build & foster relationships with our retailers senior-level leadership, including merchandising, marketing, supply chain & store operations. This includes building & owning a JVC (Joint Value Creation) plan & scorecard, which encompasses our mutual growth targets & strategic investment areas for Harrys across a 3-year timetable.
- Ensure we have robust category-level Joints Business Plans with corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals.
- Lead the hiring, training & personal development of team talent for Harrys Inc creating a highly collaborative & effective culture that reflects Harrys Vision, Mission & Values.
- Manage a high functioning team & agency partners to serve the needs of our retail partners & Harrys at an optimal & mutually defined ROI.
- Define & lead the necessary business questions & support from data analytics & shopper/consumer insights, to position Harrys as the thought leader in shave & soft product categories in which we compete.
These might describe you
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset & capabilities.
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player & possess a drive for results.
- Demonstrated track-record of experience & success in delivering top & bottom line results.
- Leadership experience in CPG marketing, sales or retail merchandising & marketing is ideal.
- Curiosity & passion for creating breakthrough moments in store merchandising & store operation execution.
- A model of collaborative behavior & execution in delivering great programming for the Harrys brand at retail
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Extremely organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast paced environment
Who you will work with
- You'll work most closely with key retail leadership & contacts, Sales Strategy & Planning & Brand for go-to-market planning, distribution & Supply for operational & fulfillment needs, R&D for product & display design needs, Retail Marketing for demand creation best practice.
- You'll report to the Head of Retail at Harrys
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.