At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. We are working to reshape cities to be built around people, not cars.
As a product designer at Lyft, you will be involved at every step of the product development process, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, & product thinking skills, you will lead & own an experience for our product teams.
In a lot of ways we function as a startup, meaning we all work closely & collaboratively across organizations to align on product vision & ship product. Our Design & Research teams live & breathe user-centered process to create the best possible, end-to-end, experience for millions of Passengers & Drivers daily. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality & impact.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users & the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, & are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar & have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically & create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
About The Role:
Our Safety & Customer Engagement team is charged with creating trusted user experiences so that when our riders & drivers have a less than perfect experience with Lyft, their issue is resolved quickly & effortlessly.
Through the use of telematics & machine learning, we are able to offer personalized, proactive & contextual services at every stage of a ride. Support itself spans self-help, education, automations & escalations to our Lyft associates.
This role will be working closely with this tech, the design organization, cross functional partners & stakeholders. This opportunity spans our native apps, web & the creation of new tooling to truly consider every touch point along the community journey.
The team must maintain a high bar for quality while supporting the goal of providing best-in-class customer care at scale. The quality & reliability of this work is fundamental for our riders, drivers & support associates. The challenge is high, but the business can't move to the next level of growth without creating reliable & trustworthy experiences. If you're looking for a unique challenge & the opportunity to make an impact at scale - we would love to meet you!
- Build a best-in-class experience for customers during their most critical moments on the Lyft app.
- Create tooling for our support associates to investigate & resolve rider & driver issues efficiently & productively
- Problem solve, think big, & explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge & build iteratively towards your vision
- Collaborate closely with the product design team & cross functional partners in SF, Nashville & beyond
- Design complex workflows getting down into the weeds on pixel perfect visual design solutions
- Discover & design for contextual experiences & edge cases
- Redefine internal & external processes as needed
- Plan strategically & think tactically as a partner with product & engineering to define future projects
- Influence the shape of the product with research & data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, & cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work & presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- Experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Ability to communicate & coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization, & at senior levels
- Ability to balance multiple projects in parallel & manage time effectively
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, & speak up when support & guidance is needed
- Strong listening, analytical, & organizational skills
- Excellent storyteller, with strong written/verbal communication & presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun & fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships across functions & locations, & work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Strong systems thinker & problem solver
- Excellence in design craft with a high visual bar
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Comfortable working on internal & external facing features
- Previous platform experience (working across an entire user journey)
- Previous support related or help experience a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.