Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world & digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare & Swarm, as well as thriving media & enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint & Placed powered by Foursquare (for marketers), & Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, & in sales offices around the globe, were dedicated to our trailblazing missionenriching consumer experiences & informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About This Position:
Foursquares Enterprise team takes on the challenges of working with the worlds largest consumer enterprises to leverage the data produced by our consumer apps, & the power of the Foursquare Pilgrim SDK. We build tools & products that allow employees & clients to derive rich & meaningful insights about the real world. As a Sales Engineer, you will work closely with our business development team, in the pre-sales process, to tailor Foursquare enterprise products as solutions for partners. You will be the technical expert on all things Foursquare, & be the technical voice in the room when architecting solutions to meet our partners needs.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to bring new ideas to the table, who loves to dig into the sales engineering process to find creative solutions for partners, & who can quickly understand, discuss, & deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to technologists & business people alike. You will engage with some of the worlds most cutting-edge & influential technology companies in building new features to integrate into our products.
- Enable Foursquares partners to be successful with Foursquare enterprise products by serving as the primary technical point of contact with Foursquare enterprise partners in the pre-sales process
- Work with Sales & Business Development teams to identify business opportunities leveraging & building location solutions tailored to partners needs
- Understand & be the subject matter expert on all things Foursquare data; grok all our inner workings & nuances but be able to articulate them to both nontechnical & technical people
- Combine your knowledge of Foursquare products & solutions, together with strong technical & business expertise, in order to creatively come up with the best solution for our partners
- Present yourself as a code-native with a just do it attitude; although youre joining a BD team, youre as technically-minded as any software engineer, where youre not afraid to open up a terminal to run some curls, use your favorite text editor to whip up a script, or even learn a new programming languageall in the name of helping our partners succeed
- Manage & work on high-profile partnerships & relationships; your job is to interface with the outside world as much as it is with key stakeholders inside Foursquare & have a high degree of empathy
- Share a deep understanding of APIs, mobile development, & back-end architecture; you understand the tradeoffs that customers engineers make every day & can help them make the best decisions
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role or proven success as a technical subject matter expert.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with modern technologies, like SQL, Linux, RESTful APIs, mobile, web transport, & cloud platforms
- 2+ years of working within a multi-product, enterprise-focused organization
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Strong data analysis skills, & the ability to identify trends, outliers, correlations & reconciliation needs across large data sets
- Drive to keep current with technology trends & understand the competitive landscape
- Passion for technology & a love for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver & communicate technical topics to a business audience, & vice versa
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple accounts & projects simultaneously; you are able to juggle many tasks at the same time, while prioritizing & having a sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills & passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 25% of the time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.