Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
The Cut on Tuesdays is a podcast about womens lives. This is a three-month contract role for an experienced producer who can find surprising, fascinating, funny stories about womens experiences in the world. Were looking for someone who understands & enjoys weekly production & is excited about storytelling. The job involves pitching story ideas, arranging interviews, cutting multiple tracks of tape, writing tight narration, structuring episodes into a clear narrative, selecting & placing scoring, building Protools sessions & finding compelling ways to tell stories.
What Youll Do:
- Pitch stories
- Brainstorm new segment & episode ideas
- Find, pre-interview, & book guests
- Arrange for studio recordings & tape syncs
- Write scripts
- Cut tape, assemble mixes & score episodes
- Help grow & maintain the shows social media presence
- Help out with basic show tasks, including posting the episodes to our CMS
- Opportunity for on-air reporting
What You Bring:
- A minimum of four years of experience producing audio for radio or podcast
- A journalism background
- An ability to listen to raw tape, & identify the perfect details, the need-to-know plot points, & the need-to-hear moments that make a story
- Experience scripting audio stories
- Experience in fact checking
- Proficiency in field recording
- Proficiency in creating assemblies in ProTools
- An eye for detail & self-direction
This is a temporary 3-month jobbased in ourBrooklyn, NYoffice.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.